Ward Budget Template

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
dbollard99

Ward Budget Template

Post by dbollard99 »

Will someone please post a Ward Budget Template?

The church really just needs to come out with a simple way to create ward budgets each year. It should actually do it automatically for us, then just allow us to manipulate it. At least that's what my Millennial Sense of Entitlement tells me...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ward Budget Template

Post by russellhltn »

That's not possible as each ward has different needs. Some have a large primary, a large youth or perhaps none of them. The only template possible would be the list of categories/organizations.

The budgeting process is outlined in Handbook 1:14.7.1. Essentially, each organization needs to come up with a detailed budget. The bishop then compiles the requests and works out the ward budget - keeping everything within the expected allocation.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dbollard99

Post by dbollard99 »

russellhltn wrote:That's not possible as each ward has different needs. Some have a large primary, a large youth or perhaps none of them. The only template possible would be the list of categories/organizations.
If the computer can calculate our stake allocations each quarter based of quarterly report numbers, surely it could apply the same formula, or some modified formula, to divvy up the funds based on those same numbers, which could be standard across all wards in the church.

Again, I would say that it should just auto-populate a budget, and then allow individual wards to edit that budget as the leaders see fit.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dbollard99 wrote:
russellhltn wrote:That's not possible as each ward has different needs. Some have a large primary, a large youth or perhaps none of them. The only template possible would be the list of categories/organizations.
Again, I would say that it should just auto-populate a budget, and then allow individual wards to edit that budget as the leaders see fit.
In my opinion, that would be quite contrary to the letter and spirit of the principles outlined in Handbook 1, quoted earlier. So I really doubt that the Church would ever do what you suggest. But you're welcome to submit your suggestion using the Feedback link on LCR.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”