denied access

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
tk75giles@gmail.com

denied access

Post by tk75giles@gmail.com »

I'm trying to access the area where I go to enter in home teaching number but I'm getting "access denied". I can log in but only for general info. when I enter in my member ship number it tells me it's already in use. I only have the one account that I'm aware of. Does the church have any tech support that can help???
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: denied access

Post by russellhltn »

Your membership number must be on your account for it to work. If it's not allowing you to enter it, then it's either incorrect or it's in use by a forgotten account. Use the forgotten username link, with the MRN/Birthday option to locate it.

Since it sounds like you have an issue with your account, I'm moving this to a more appropriate section.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

tk75giles@gmail.com wrote:I'm trying to access the area where I go to enter in home teaching number but I'm getting "access denied". I can log in but only for general info. when I enter in my member ship number it tells me it's already in use. I only have the one account that I'm aware of. Does the church have any tech support that can help???
Without further information, is this a case of a member attempting to enter their own home teaching visits, without the appropriate calling, or something else?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

It's likely that you do have another account set up from a while ago that's tied to your membership record number. It could have been created through FamilySearch or another Church site. You can see if it exists by going to http://ldsaccount.lds.org/recovery and choosing the "Membership Record Number (MRN)" recovery option.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jameschild

Post by jameschild »

I am un able to change my membership status on my account. I keep getting an access denied message when I input my membership number. Help......
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

@ jameschild,

See the post just before yours.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jameschild

Post by jameschild »

I have tried everything listed above with no success.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

So I am guessing that when you went to the LDS Account sign on page and clicked the "Forgot your username?" and then selected "Membership Record Number (MRN)" for the choice of how to recover your username and then entered your MRN and birth date that your current username was then returned?

If this is the case then you may have to work through your ward clerk who can contact the global service center to get the issue resolved.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Church Account”