Catch 22

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
trlwnc

Catch 22

Post by trlwnc »

Well over a decade ago, my wife and I set up our account here. We thought that it was under my membership number. We used her demail address, as that was the only one we had at the time.

However, this year we had to access our tithing donations online, and found that we can't access my information. I tried to open an account in my name using my membership number, but it's already linked to my wife's account or is in use somehow.

I use our joint account on my devices, so I may have linked my mem # on those.

Either way, I have no idea how deeply connected our mem #'s are or how to separate them so we can access our tithing records.

Help! :(
eblood66

Re: Catch 22

Post by eblood66 »

Any given LDS Account can only be linked to a single membership number and a membership number can only be linked to a single account. Go to https://ldsaccount.lds.org, sign in and look at the membership tab. That will tell you who's membership number it is linked to. If it is linked to your membership number then you should be able to view your donation history using that account. If it is linked to your wife's membership number then you should be able to see her donation history.

It sounds like your old account is probably linked to your wife's membership number. In that case you may have another account that is linked to your number that you have forgotten about. There are multiple websites that use LDS Account and it's common for people to create an account and not realize it is actually an LDS Account.

If that is the case then use the 'Forgot your username' option on the lds.org sign-in page and then use the membership number recovery option. That will get you the account using your MRN and let you recover it's password.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Catch 22

Post by russellhltn »

trlwnc wrote:However, this year we had to access our tithing donations online, and found that we can't access my information.
The ability to access past donations is dependent on those donations being tied to the correct membership record. It's possible the ward hasn't done that. Or, perhaps the donation was done under a different MRN.

To re-iterate: there are no joint LDS Accounts. An account can only be associated to a single MRN.

Likewise, there are no joint donations. Donations can only be processed under a single MRN. Obviously, for you to see the donation requires that the LDS Account is associated with the same MRN that the donation was associated with.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”