Cannot Save a tagged journal entry into a notebook

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
corwinslack

Cannot Save a tagged journal entry into a notebook

Post by corwinslack »

For a long time it was possible to tag a journal entry in the online web editor and this is still possible but it is no longer possible to assign the tagged journal entry to a notebook. . This happens even when the note is created via the web interface, tagged in the web interface and (attempted to be) assigned in the web interface.

I wonder if this is also related to sync failures with the Gospel Library app.
mevans

Re: Cannot Save a tagged journal entry into a notebook

Post by mevans »

I don't use the Journal feature too much (and the church seems to have deemphasized it). However, I looked at the few I had and see that I do have a journal entry where I did select the notebook. I tried creating a new one and it looks like it's going to work, but after I press Save, the notebook doesn't stick.

I think you found a bug. I suggest submitting it using the Feedback link at the bottom of the most pages on lds.org. That will get it to the people who can fix it (we're just a peer user community here).
mevans

Post by mevans »

Actually, looking at this, it's a general problem, not related to Journal entries. I just noticed that none of my highlights, starting on February 10, were saving their notebooks. I have entries I made on February 9 that kept their notebook assignments.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Here's the info I received from Feedback about this problem:

We have had many reports of the same problem. I do not know when it will be fixed but I hope it is soon.

At this time, Notes and Study Tools (computer) are being updated to more closely sync with the Gospel Library App (another platform for mobile devices). Unfortunately, some things are not working as well as they should during this transition. If you can, please use the Gospel Library App because it is the most updated. In addition, if you use the "Tags" feature, it seems to better sync between platforms. (https://www.lds.org/help/support/notes- ... s?lang=eng).

Please remember that LDS.org has not been updated to the level of the Gospel Library App. Currently, almost every annotation you make in the Gospel Library app syncs with LDS.org. However, any notebooks that you created on LDS.org's Notes and Journal do not sync down to Gospel Library App.
I wish you success.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”