Web Version of Media Library: Clipping Not working

Discussions related to the Gospel Media App - formerly called LDS Media Library (all platforms)
corwinslack

Web Version of Media Library: Clipping Not working

Post by corwinslack »

I created a clip of a video but it doesn't clip.

I copy and paste it in the shortened form but this is the full URL. It looks like it should start after the beginning but it does not. My browser is Safari and I am using a MacBook.

https://www.lds.org/media-library/video ... &p3e:51680
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Web Version of Media Library: Clipping Not working

Post by aebrown »

corwinslack wrote:I created a clip of a video but it doesn't clip.

I copy and paste it in the shortened form but this is the full URL. It looks like it should start after the beginning but it does not. My browser is Safari and I am using a MacBook.

https://www.lds.org/media-library/video ... &p3e:51680
For me on Chrome it works just fine -- it starts about 29 seconds into the video. So as near as I can tell, your URL is good but your browser isn't handling it correctly.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

It works for me as well – I tried both Chrome and Safari on my Mac, which is running the latest macOS Sierra. Do you have Javascript disabled, or something similar? I thought it could be something related to Flash (which the video player uses by default if it's enabled), but that's not it because on Chrome I have Flash installed, and on Safari I don't, but it works for me in both.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
corwinslack

Post by corwinslack »

I presume that the URL is properly formed.. I notice that it is okay when I click on the URL on my iPad but not on the MacBook. It probably is browser specific.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

It could also be something related to the speed of the internet connection and a race between simultaneous scripts running – I noticed when I tried loading it again it started playing from the beginning for about a second, then it stopped, then it started playing at 29 seconds.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Gospel Media”