Locked out of account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
judycollier82@gmail.com

Locked out of account

Post by judycollier82@gmail.com »

Why would you get locked out of your account?

I have a question is this research done biological or by by records

J d franks the one I knew is deceased.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Locked out of account

Post by jdlessley »

judycollier82@gmail.com wrote:Why would you get locked out of your account?
This is a security feature common to many online credentialing accounts. It is not unique to LDS Account. The security feature is designed to prevent unlimited guesses of the password by someone not the account holder trying to get logged onto an account when the password is not known. The unfortunate side affect is being locked out of your own account because you make errors of forget the password.
judycollier82@gmail.com wrote:I have a question is this research done biological or by by records
I don't understand the question. To what are you referring regarding doing research biologically or by records? Are you referring to the FamilySearch website? If so then this forum is not the forum to ask this question. The LDS Account is merely the credentialing program used to allow users to access the FamilySearch website. If you wish to continue to pursue your question and it is related to FamilySearch then I recommend posting in one of the sub-forums in the Family History group of sub-forums.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
peperockola@yahoo.com

Post by peperockola@yahoo.com »

Just today, I was unexpectedly locked out of my FamilySearch account, and I haven't the slightest idea why. Could you please offer me some assistance? Thank you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

peperockola@yahoo.com wrote:Just today, I was unexpectedly locked out of my FamilySearch account, and I haven't the slightest idea why. Could you please offer me some assistance? Thank you.
Since you're talking about a FamilySearch account, I'd contact FamilySearch support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”