Can't put in mrn

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
KasTutt

Can't put in mrn

Post by KasTutt »

Every time i try to put in my mrn it says either mrn/birthday is invalid or the account already exists, but I don't have another account and I have never used my mrn so any help would be greatly appreciated
akhuber

Re: Can't put in mrn

Post by akhuber »

My wife & mother-in-law both have this same problem.
Attempting to register for an account the error is:
"Either the MRN and/or Birth Date is not valid or the account already exists."
Attempting to recover the username the error is:
"Either the MRN and/or Birth Date is not valid or the account does not exist."

It first happened a couple years ago and we didn't look into it further since it was just an inconvenience, but it would be much better for both of them to have their own lds.org accounts. Who should we contact? If the errors above can be believed, either their birthdays are wrong on the church records or their membership record numbers are incorrect on their temple recommends.
akhuber

Re: Can't put in mrn

Post by akhuber »

I stumbled across the answer myself. I noticed in the results of a follow-on search there was a thread "LDS Account Membership Record Numbers" started on 10/5/2015 by LDSAccountTech (https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=23062). Among other things it says "If there is a problem recovering the account, individuals will need to contact their ward clerk and have him connect them to the Global Service Center. We, Account Management, can then assist in recovering the previous account, as well as identifying any other account problems."

Return to “Church Account”