Direct Line Patriarchal Blessing Requests stuck on update email

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
reesdaddy5

Direct Line Patriarchal Blessing Requests stuck on update email

Post by reesdaddy5 »

I am wanting to request the patriarchal blessing of a direct-line ancestor. Whenever I click on request it says it needs me to confirm that my email contact is correct. It doesn't give me any options or link buttons to update it directly from that page, so I went to my account and made sure that it was updated and saved in both the contact info and the security info sections. When I return I still get the same message that I need to confirm my email for communication.

Am I missing something, or is this a glitch of some sort?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Direct Line Patriarchal Blessing Requests stuck on update email

Post by russellhltn »

I think "Confirm" in this context means that lds.org has sent you an email with a link and you've responded. That way, lds.org knows that email address and the ldsaccount holder are the same person.

I'm not sure what it takes to confirm an email. I'd suggest going to ldsaccount.lds.org and seeing if there's something there.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”