Out of Unit Bishopric member in YSA ward no longer have access to YSA information

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
NPAlemany

Out of Unit Bishopric member in YSA ward no longer have access to YSA information

Post by NPAlemany »

I have received the following from an OOU bishopric member in our YSA ward, (two of the members of the bishopric are OOU are experiencing the same thing)...has anyone else had this problem and how did you solve it?

" In the past when I sync my LDS tools app, my membership records would appear under whichever ward I was under when I synced (ie, if I was viewing the YSA ward when I synced, then records would show in the YSA ward and not in the home ward where I am from and vice-a-versa). Now when I sync my LDS tools app, my records only show in in my home ward. On the LDS tools app I can no longer get my records to display under the YSA ward where I serve."

Thank you!

NP Alemany
Stake Website Admin
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Out of Unit Bishopric member in YSA ward no longer have access to YSA information

Post by jonesrk »

My first question is: when members of the YSA sync do they see the OOU bishopric member?
NPAlemany

Re: Out of Unit Bishopric member in YSA ward no longer have access to YSA information

Post by NPAlemany »

Would it matter if it were a member of the YSA ward or if it were me? I've just re-synced the app and I can see all of their information and I'm in the same stake as the YSA unit.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

nancypalemany wrote:Would it matter if it were a member of the YSA ward or if it were me? I've just re-synced the app and I can see all of their information and I'm in the same stake as the YSA unit.
I'm guessing that what LDS Tools has done is to make sure that the member only shows up once as a member, so in his LDS Tools he shows up in his home ward because he has access to that ward. For you since you don't have access to his home ward, his membership info shows up in the YSA Ward.
NPAlemany

Post by NPAlemany »

I have read that he can successfully see his YSA ward, again, by being entered as an OOU member and he will appear twice in LDSTools. How is that done?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm confused. The title of this thread suggests that the person is unable to get information, but the thread itself seems to be about where the bishop himself shows up. Since most people don't need to see themselves, that doesn't seem all that critical.

IIRC, out of unit people do not show in the directory, but they do show up under their callings. At least it was that way at one time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
NPAlemany

Post by NPAlemany »

How can he see both units again, the YSA where he serves and his homeward? if fact, it's probably more critical that he see the YSA ward information.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

nancypalemany wrote:How can he see both units again, the YSA where he serves and his homeward? if fact, it's probably more critical that he see the YSA ward information.
Your original post makes it sound like he can still see the YSA info, but he just can't see himself as a member of that ward.
NPAlemany

Post by NPAlemany »

Sorry, he is only able to see the home unit where he is from NOT the YSA unit where he serves. If the system is now designed to allow an individual to see ONLY one unit and no longer allows that individual to see both his home unit and the OOU YSA unit where he currently serves as he was once able to do, how do we get around the system so that he sees the YSA unit (which would be more useful at this point in time) instead of the home unit where he is from?
NPAlemany

Post by NPAlemany »

I've checked with the Stake Clerk and it appears that He is in the MLS for our stake, so this lack of ability to see the YSA ward he is currently serving in is a puzzle. I noticed in the LDStools forum there have been others from YSA wards with similar issues but none seemed to give a clear explanation as to how to solve the problem, some posts seemed to indicate that there was a bug in the system that occurred after an upgrade and it was being looked into. Has there been a recent upgrade to the LDSTools app?

Return to “Member Tools”