New family can't make Mission Donations on-line

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rtlines

New family can't make Mission Donations on-line

Post by rtlines »

I am the ward clerk in our ward and I have a new family in our ward who was making mission donations for their missionary on-line in their old ward. My bishop has worked with with their former bishop and he tells me that he can see that the missionary is now attached to our ward. But he does not show up in LDS tools in our list of missionaries and his parents can't make donations on-line anymore. What do I need to do to fix this? Thanks in advance for the help.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: New family can't make Mission Donations on-line

Post by russellhltn »

rtlines wrote:My bishop has worked with with their former bishop and he tells me that he can see that the missionary is now attached to our ward.
Note that having the missionary's records in the ward is far different from having financial responsibility. It's possible things haven't worked their way though yet, but I'd call Local Unit Support to make sure the finances are now a part of your ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
brown67

Post by brown67 »

The old Bishop has to call Salt Lake and tell them to move the account to the new Ward. Just went through this in my ward.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Actually, the new bishop should make that call, and accept financial responsibility for the missionary.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

drepouille wrote:Actually, the new bishop should make that call, and accept financial responsibility for the missionary.
Although that is the safest, in my experience either bishop (or a clerk) can call and they will generally do it. The main thing is to make sure the bishops have spoken and agreed on the change and on the timing for the change.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”