What to while in Argentina??

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
edc082380

What to while in Argentina??

Post by edc082380 »

I am currently on a job assignment in Neuquen Argentina. My wife and I recently had our records transferred as we will be here for the next year or longer.
We had asked the clerk about making donations or on line donations and were provided with the contact information who let us know to again contact the donation support to have them help but we have received no response.

We need to do our tithing and fast offerings but due to the differences in the banking systems this is proving exceptionally difficult. How do we make online donations available again?

Eric D & Camille Callahan
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: What to while in Argentina??

Post by russellhltn »

You can try contacting donations@ldschurch.org. However, even if turned on, you'll have to make the donation from a US bank account and it will be made to the church in the US. Otherwise, you'll have to wait until such a system is rolled out to Argentina. But I have no idea when that might be. I wouldn't take any bets on it happening while you are still there.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Re: What to while in Argentina??

Post by mevans »

I assume you're from the United States and will answer accordingly. Some other countries do have online donations, too. If you're from elsewhere, my answer may not apply.

I assume this is a temporary assignment and you're still being paid in US dollars (or at least some of your pay is US dollars) and have US bank accounts? russellhltn gave you good advice in contacting the donations people. What I think you want is to get Bill Pay set up. Then you can configure the various donations as bill pay options with your US bank's bill pay feature. You can't donate to all the categories with bill pay, but you can do most of them.

You should have a tax advisor who can help you with understanding your tax obligations to Argentina and the United States and how charitable donations work with respect to both countries. How you get paid and pay taxes could affect your choices on where you make charitable donations.

Return to “Online Donations”