Create Child of Record in LCR?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
dbollard99

Create Child of Record in LCR?

Post by dbollard99 »

Hello,

On the Release Notes for LCR 4.0, it says you can now create membership records.
(https://www.lds.org/help/support/clerk- ... s?lang=eng)

I need to create a new Child of Record, and I cannot find where, or any instructions on how to create a Child of Record in LCR.
(https://www.lds.org/help/support/create ... d?lang=eng)

-For this particular issue, intuitively, I would look under "Membership" tab in LCR to create a new record.
-Or I would think I could look under the "Family" tab under an individual parent's record, and create a new Child of Record from that screen.

Neither of these options seem to be possible. Please help?

Thanks!

(Suggestion: Some help or direction on new release notes of new functionalities would be helpful, if things are not obvious where to find them)
eblood66

Re: Create Child of Record in LCR?

Post by eblood66 »

If you check the release date for LCR 4.0 in the release notes, you'll see that it says Feb. 3, 2017. So it hasn't actually been released. That's why you can't find the new functionality. The release notes are often posted before the actual release (possibly for the benefit of beta testers). The release dates in the notes are also often targets rather than firm dates.

Until it's released, you'll need to continue to use MLS.
dbollard99

Re: Create Child of Record in LCR?

Post by dbollard99 »

Thank you!

Return to “Membership Help”