Audio doesn't save???

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
allykat0207

Audio doesn't save???

Post by allykat0207 »

I'm just wonering why, when I listen to the scriptures, the audio doesn't save where I left off when I close the app? I'll listen to a verse or something, usually end up leaving off in the middle of a verse (updating the bookmark when I'm done), and then close the app. When I go back to it I have to search for where I left off in the audio. It's pretty frustrating.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Audio doesn't save???

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you running the latest version of the app? (currently Gospel Library 4.0.2 for Android)
See this thread: Gospel Library 4.0.2 for Android
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
fiddleworth

Post by fiddleworth »

I have sound the same issue. In the past I would download a general conference session and I could start to listen to a talk on the way to work. If it didn't finish it would save my place and I could listen to it with/without service. Now it won't do either.

I have the galaxy note 2.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

fiddleworth wrote:I have sound the same issue. In the past I would download a general conference session and I could start to listen to a talk on the way to work. If it didn't finish it would save my place and I could listen to it with/without service. Now it won't do either.

I have the galaxy note 2.
Are you running the latest version of the Gospel Library app (currently 4.0.2, for Android)? In 4.0.0 and 4.0.1 there was a bug where audio didn't resume, but that should have been fixed in 4.0.2.

To download all of the audio for a session, go into a talk, then go to the overflow menu (three dots in the top right corner) and choose "Download Media." From there, you can tap on "All audio" to download all of the audio files for that General Conference. Once they're downloaded, you can listen to them offline (on your way to work, for example).

Any audio files or videos that were downloaded before Gospel Library 4 will need to be downloaded again, because there was a change to how media is stored and organized.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”