Record annulment

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
showseason

Record annulment

Post by showseason »

A sister that just moved into our ward, had a marriage annulment in December, prior to moving here. I was working in MLS anyway so thought I would go there to report it. Well, it transfers me to LCR and looking under family where it shows her husband, there is no option to terminate marriage. I can edit the actual marriage info but not terminate. Am I missing something? In the wrong place to do this? Appreciate any help
Biggles

Re: Record annulment

Post by Biggles »

In LCR under the Family tab, click on the pen icon to the right of Marriage. Near the bottom is a box marked Change Marriage Status, click and on the next page use the drop down menu option!
showseason

Post by showseason »

In LCR under the Family tab, click on the pen icon to the right of Marriage. Near the bottom is a box marked Change Marriage Status, click and on the next page use the drop down menu option!
That's were I am going. As I said I have the option of updating the marriage info but no box marked Change Marriage Status shows.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You might want to carefully read what the record says. A clerk can nullify a marriage civilly, but only CHQ can nullify a sealing.

I'm not sure what a civilly divorced but still sealed sister's record would look like. IIRC, in the old systems I used to work with, the former spouse was listed as a "prior spouse" and a flag "sealed to prior spouse" was set.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”