YW awards applied to YW budget?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
blythgoe

YW awards applied to YW budget?

Post by blythgoe »

I have just recently ordered some supplies / awards (Bookmark, pendant) for our YW. Normally, I would assume to just put that under the YW budget. However, I have a YW president insisting that the Ward pay for these items.

Is there a precedent set for this kind of thing?

Seems pretty straightforward to me... YW buy stuff for YW and it comes out of YW budget.
drepouille

Re: YW awards applied to YW budget?

Post by drepouille »

It's up to the bishop how budget funds are spent. In the long run, there is only one budget, and it is not worth hurting feelings to bicker about which subcategory pays for it.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: YW awards applied to YW budget?

Post by jdlessley »

Where that expense is tracked is not important. But what is important is the Young Women President plan for the expenses associated with the YW program. She can give that budget planning to the bishop who then can decide where the expense is going to be tracked. A problem can arise if the YW President assumes a YW program expense is being taken care in some other budget sub-category and nobody else is aware of that expense and therefore has not been accounted for.

Handbook 1, 14.7.1, describes how budgeting should be done.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”