Parental Consent Verification not working

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
budbundy101

Parental Consent Verification not working

Post by budbundy101 »

Trying to set up an account for my 12 year old son. It sent me the email with the verification code, but when I enter the code it comes back invalid. I also attempted to select the "verify" tab that came within the email, and when I do that it also says invalid
dbrownjr75

Re: Parental Consent Verification not working

Post by dbrownjr75 »

I am having the same problem. Did this get resolved?
suzanne80

Post by suzanne80 »

I have the same problem. Verification code is invalid. What do i do.
anajim

Post by anajim »

I have the same problem... is there someone that knows what to do? :shock:
Mikelewis90

Post by Mikelewis90 »

I am having the same problem as well. Please email me when it's fixed. thganks!
Mikelewis90

Post by Mikelewis90 »

I don't see a reply to any of these. So, either no one is watching this forum or no one cares. Either way, this frustrating.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Mikelewis90 wrote:I don't see a reply to any of these. So, either no one is watching this forum or no one cares. Either way, this frustrating.
These forums are only user-to-user support. Neither the global service center nor the church development department monitors the forums. So we're just other users like yourself and it looks like in this case no other users have an answer for this issue.

The official ways of getting support are either by sending Feedback using the link at the bottom of any page of lds.org or by asking your ward clerk to contact the global service center on your behalf. The Feedback link can be useful for reporting problems but it is not a reliable way to get an answer to a specific question. The service missionaries that process the feedback do look at every item submitted but they do not have the resources to answer every one. But they do respond much of the time.
bret.j.gardner

Post by bret.j.gardner »

I had a similar problem with a 12 year old in the ward. The verification code went to the parent and the code was entered. The system said the entered code was invalid.
I spoke with the account team by calling the global services center. They were able to esolve the issue. I asked about a local fix and was told, for the time being, contacting them via telephone or sending feedback via the LDS.org website, are the only ways to resolve the issue. The system is being worked on to fix the problem, however, directly reaching out is the only current method to fix the individual's account.
ahousel

Post by ahousel »

I'm trying to get my 12 year old registered for a Mutual project tonight, but the Parental consent verification code is not working. I tried signing in with his account and tried resetting all to no avail. How am I supposed to have this taken care of before tonight so that he can do the online geneology project? I don't understand why there is ZERO online support that I can access. Now I have to wait until Sunday to talk to my ward clerk? That's not ok. Now he can't do the project with the other boys.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

ahousel wrote:Now I have to wait until Sunday to talk to my ward clerk?
I wouldn't. I would read the post immediately before yours, then I would pick up the phone and call my ward clerk tonight, unless I lived in the Eastern time zone.

It's too bad you didn't know until this evening what was going to happen at Mutual this evening. We usually find out the Sunday before, at the latest. But that's for another topic. And our ward clerk is usually at the meetinghouse on activity night.

Return to “Church Account”