Gospel 4.0 update lost all notes

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
marshajames

Gospel 4.0 update lost all notes

Post by marshajames »

I ready to scream!!! Lost all my year's worth of saved notes upon updating to 4.0. I saved every time on my iPad. Yet first it crashes and then I can't find my notes. This is terrible. It's making me sick to my stomach. How could you let this happen?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Gospel 4.0 update lost all notes

Post by sbradshaw »

Have you been signed in with your LDS Account? If so, your notes should have been backed up. If you are signed in but still don't see your notes and highlights, try signing out and back in again in Settings. It may take a couple of minutes after updating or signing in for your notes and highlights to appear.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jacobmo

Post by jacobmo »

The same thing happened to me. Did you figure out how to sync your notes yet?
Also, even though the app diddnt seem to keep the notes, if you sign in to lds.org, they should still be there. At least mine were. So at least not all is lost
eshultz

Post by eshultz »

You have NOT lost your notes. I thought this had happened to me also. Scroll down the page until you see the faint page icon on the right hand side. When you tap that icon your notes will show up. I am using an ipad. I assume that this will work on other devises as well.
FYI: to edit your notes you have to touch the 3 dots at the top and select "Edit Note"
tevisgrisso

Re: Gospel 4.0 update - new iPhone. Notes won't transfer

Post by tevisgrisso »

I just upgraded from an iPhone 6 to an iPhone 7. All of my notes and markups are still showing on my iPhone 6. But are not showing up on my iPhone 7. I have logged out of the 6 and logged into the 7. But that doesn't work. Any ideas how I get this all moved over to my new phone?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

You shouldn't need to log out of the iPhone 6 – you can be logged in to multiple devices at the same time.
Are you able to see your notes on LDS.org?
tevisgrisso

Post by tevisgrisso »

I just checked on LDS.org. They are showing up there. On the iPhone 6, but still not on the 7.
I've checked the versions and they are the same on the two phones.
I've logged out and back in as well as shut down the phones, but none of it it showing up on the 7.

I actually added some new highlights and notes on the app on the version 7 phone - which are the only ones showing up. These new updates are also showing up on the old 6.
So something is not connecting on the 7. I've checked the settings but they match on the 6. So Im at a loss.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you running Gospel Library 4 on both devices?
tevisgrisso

Post by tevisgrisso »

Yes. At first it was too different versions. 6 - V4.01.9907 and on the 7 - V4.02.9909

I went ahead and updated the 6 to get it to the same version - thinking that might be the issue.

But they are both on the same V4.02.9909 now and the notes and highlights are still not showing up on the 7.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

OK. Maybe try deleting the app from your iPhone 7, and reinstalling?

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”