Unable to sign in

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
GuJiaXian

Unable to sign in

Post by GuJiaXian »

As of this morning, GL 4.0 is unable to sign in and sync my annotations, etc. The app keeps opening a notification informing me that the app is unable to sign into my account.. I've tried reentering my LDS Account username and password, just I just get the following error: "Error. Signin failed. Verify your username or password." Clearly I have my account information correct; I can sign in to these forums, my work email (I work for the Church), LDS.org, etc.

Ideas? Anyone else experiencing this issue? I'm getting really frustrated with GL 4.0; it's been nothing but a hassle. I know under the hood it's a big improvement (what with the move from ldsXML to HTML5 and such), but the user experience has suffered quite a lot.
GuJiaXian

Re: Unable to sign in

Post by GuJiaXian »

Whatever the problem was seems to have resolved itself.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

That happens a lot. Somehow a service goes sideways. Once someone noticed and resets it, then it works again. I noticed your first post was at 7:37 AM Utah time, so it may have had to wait until the church employees came in to work.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I think it would be helpful if the error messages were more specific – i.e. differentiating between incorrect credentials or a connection/server issue.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
garthbennett

Post by garthbennett »

I have not been able to sign in on Gospel Library on my Samsung S7 phone for a few months now. It tells me "Invalid Password". On the same device, using the same password I can sign into the church account and Member Tools with no issues. Any suggestions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

garthbennett wrote:I have not been able to sign in on Gospel Library on my Samsung S7 phone for a few months now. It tells me "Invalid Password".
What verson of GL are you running? Is it up to date?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
garthbennett

Post by garthbennett »

My Samsung S7 has Android version 8.0.0 with Samsung Experience version 9.0.0.
I tried deleting Gospel Library, restarting my phone then downloading Gospel Libray (version 5.7.2 (57210.83), with no improvement.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I'd recommend sending a message to the support team using the "Send Feedback" option in Gospel Library settings.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
garthbennett

Post by garthbennett »

I will, Thankyou.
ehrs60

Post by ehrs60 »

my locking numbers don't work to open it up after my user name a password. I don't remember changing it.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”