Tax Summary Statement Instructions

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
foruifly

Tax Summary Statement Instructions

Post by foruifly »

Cannot get my 2016 Official Tax Summary Statement.......Where do I find "Donor Statements" in Online Donations??????????? The instructions are poor in leading a somewhat computer savvy
73 year old to the right place. Help!
eblood66

Re: Tax Summary Statement Instructions

Post by eblood66 »

Start by visiting lds.org. Click on the My Account and Ward menu in the upper right corner of the screen. Then select Donations under My Ward. Just to the left of the donation slip will be several options, one of which is Donor Statements. Click on that link. Your statement should then be listed in the Generated Statements section.

If it isn't then click on the Official Tax Statement button, select 2016 from the drop down list and then click the Generate Statement button. It will work for a little while (probably less than a minute) and then your statement should be listed in the Generated Statements section.
foruifly

2016 Tax Info.

Post by foruifly »

CANNOT GET THE 2016 TAX INFORMATION!!!!! Your instructions state: "it can be viewed by selecting the Donor Statements menu option in Online Donations and selecting the link provided in the Generated Statements section."

That instruction doesn't mean a thing to me. Start by giving me the website I am supposed to find the "Donor Statements menu". I was sent a code # of 186726 which doesn't mean a thing to me ........... where is it to be inputted.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: 2016 Tax Info.

Post by aebrown »

foruifly wrote:That instruction doesn't mean a thing to me. Start by giving me the website I am supposed to find the "Donor Statements menu".
The website is LDS.org, and in particular the Online Donations section available via "My Account and Ward." You can go there directly by clicking on this link: https://www.lds.org/donations/#/reports

Once you get to that page, you should be able to select the Official Tax Statement and the year 2016 and then click the Generate Statement button.
foruifly wrote:I was sent a code # of 186726 which doesn't mean a thing to me ........... where is it to be inputted.
I'm not familiar with any code numbers on the Online Donations page. But if you follow the above instructions, you should be able to obtain your statement without any need to input a code #.
conniewhitney

Post by conniewhitney »

I have been paying my mother's donations online. I cannot access her account since she passed away. How do I get her tax statement for 2016?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

conniewhitney wrote:I have been paying my mother's donations online. I cannot access her account since she passed away. How do I get her tax statement for 2016?
I'd suggest contacting the ward she was a member of.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
macrobert

Post by macrobert »

Hi all,

I also have had trouble finding my "Official Tax Statement."

The link SIMPLY is NOT there :-)

Thank you, aebrown, for "You can go there directly by clicking on this link: https://www.lds.org/donations/#/reports"

That link works, but it is not available when I login.
I have attached two (2) screen snips to show you.

When I click on the "Donations" link, all I have is the Tithing form, and a the option to view "Recent Donations."
NOTHING is to the left of the Donation slip.

So, yes, I do have my tax statement, but only because of the direct link provided in this thread.
:-)
Vanessa
lds_org_signin_menu.jpg
lds_org_signin_menu.jpg (29.34 KiB) Viewed 1026 times
lds_org_Donations_page.jpg
(32.58 KiB) Not downloaded yet
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Others have said that clearing cookies and cache or using incognito mode solved the problem and allowed the menu column to display at the left of the donation slip.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Changing browser login worked for me. After a couple of days, the original login started working. I'm sure switching to another browser or another computer would work as well.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
leghutch

Post by leghutch »

Thank you! Clearing my history worked for me. But even then I saw the area for the statement but it immediately jumped to the donation screen. Luckily I was able to hit the back button and click on the view statement button.

Return to “Church Account”