D&C Teacher's Manual missing

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
ortone

D&C Teacher's Manual missing

Post by ortone »

As for many, the Book of Mormon went missing from my Gospel Library this morning. It is back now. However, the D&C Teacher's Manual also went missing for me, and it remains missing. I've turned on obsolete content in settings, but this did not bring it back. Is anyone else missing the D&C Teacher's Manual?
robfanny

Re: D&C Teacher's Manual missing

Post by robfanny »

Yes, GD TM missing on all my devices. Also other scripture TMs. And other books from ToPs. There's a possibly applicable post in BoM missing thread. Must be bad update
jmjepp

Post by jmjepp »

Does this mean I do not have to teach Sundat LOL
brittonchild

Post by brittonchild »

Missing for both my wife and I in our Gospel Library. Have had to rely on Deseret Book.
GDavis8

Post by GDavis8 »

I was reading the GD D&C teachers manual. I clicked a link to another resource and when I attempted to return to the teachers manual it had disappeared. I was on my iPad so I went to my iPhone and it had disappeared from there too. My wife thought I had lost my marbles until I showed her these posts!
eshultz

Post by eshultz »

HELP!!! I teach the Adult Gospel Doctrine class. Last night the Teachers Manual disappeared from my ipad. I tried my husband's ipad and it is no longer on his either. Did I do something wrong?
How can I get it back? I need it! I depend on it for preparing for my class and when I am teaching the class.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

According to this post, there content team pushed out a bad update. The Book of Mormon has been restored, but other content is still being worked on.

In the meantime, if you want the D&C Teacher's Manual, you best option at this point is probably to use the Doctrine and Covenants and Church History: Gospel Doctrine Teacher’s Manual on LDS.org.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

At least for me (using Android Gospel Library), the Doctrine and Covenants and Church History Gospel Doctrine Teacher's Manual is now available again. Those who have had trouble viewing it should try refreshing their catalog to see if it reappears.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

aebrown wrote:At least for me (using Android Gospel Library), the Doctrine and Covenants and Church History Gospel Doctrine Teacher's Manual is now available again. Those who have had trouble viewing it should try refreshing their catalog to see if it reappears.
I can confirm. It's back in Gospel Library for Windows, too.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
npk_techguy

Post by npk_techguy »

Why is there a difference between the teaching content on LDS.org and on the iPad?

For example, Lesson 3 in the DC Teacher's Manual on LDS.org contains the following bullet in the Preparation section:

3. To gain a greater understanding of historical events related to the doctrine in this lesson, consider reviewing the following:
a. “The First Vision: A Narrative from Joseph Smith’s Accounts.”
b. “First Vision Accounts.”
c. “Preparation of Joseph Smith: The First Vision.”
d. Additional historical material for this lesson.

However the Gospel Library version doesn't. I even removed the teachers manual from my library and added it again. No change.

I realize that these would be links outside of Gospel Library, but still. If I didn't happen to look on LDS.org I would have never seen them. Great material for teaching.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”