Adding verses to a notebook without annotation

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
corwinslack

Adding verses to a notebook without annotation

Post by corwinslack »

In version 3 the pop up toolbar had a share option that included an option to save the verse to a notebook. That option is no longer presented. Now one must create an annotation (blank is ok) and then add the verse to the notebook using the Add to Notebook option at the bottom of the annotation editor.

Now two different icons will appear next to the verse. Click on the annotation icon and open the annotation window. Then click on the blue ellipsis. And choose delete note.

When you look at the notebook it may initially contain only the verse number or the first verse of the selection added to the notebook.

What a mess.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Adding verses to a notebook without annotation

Post by sbradshaw »

When you select text, the fourth icon that appears on the annotation toolbar is an icon that looks like a notebook. Tap that to add a selection directly to a notebook. This is more efficient than the 3.x process where you had to go through the Share menu.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
corwinslack

Re: Adding verses to a notebook without annotation

Post by corwinslack »

I saw it just now and was coming to retract my complaint.

As I work with 4.0 I am learning better how to use it. I keep going back to the tips to see if the new feature was explained. It isn't usually.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”