Calendar Entries When Stake is Split into Two Stakes

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
winnj100

Calendar Entries When Stake is Split into Two Stakes

Post by winnj100 »

My stake was just split into 2 stakes - both with new names.
I am responsible for scheduling most of the events for all of the activities in my Ward so I have many recurring events on the current calendar.
The new stake my Ward is in does not have a Stake President until next week so it will be a while until some of the ongoing stake events will be scheduled.
The other new Stake does have a Stake President and has established many of the ongoing events (like Ward Conference) on the existing calendar.
Does anyone know what happens with the calendar on the date that the split is effective?
Will I lose my recurring events that I have already entered?
Thank you!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar Entries When Stake is Split into Two Stakes

Post by russellhltn »

Since you didn't say anything about wards changing, I wouldn't expect any changes to ward events.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
winnj100

Post by winnj100 »

The Wards in my newly created stake will not be changing names. Both Stakes will be changing names. There are new Wards in the other new stake.
Will any stake events created by members who are now assigned to the other new stake vanish from my calendar view?
I just want to be prepared in case I need to re-enter all of the ongoing events for my Ward.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Events do not disappear when their creators move out of the unit.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
winnj100

Post by winnj100 »

Thank you !!
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

No calendar events are automatically removed when stake splits happen. However, if wards move into new buildings, you will have cleanup things to do if those events need to be moved between buildings, not very easy, but needed. The stakes that are the "agent" stakes for the buildings, need to establish their own building schedulers and make sure the buildings are still setup right. If a building moves over to another stake, I believe scheduling is turned off. The two stakes will have their own stake calendars. The new stake will need to go through calendar setup to create their calendars...they are a new unit.
winnj100

Post by winnj100 »

Thank you so much! You mentioned points about the buildings that I had not yet considered. Your reply is very helpful!

Return to “Calendar”