Printing lessons with notes and tags

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
rondabrowning

Printing lessons with notes and tags

Post by rondabrowning »

As I highlight items discussed in our Sunday meetings, it would be nice to be able to print the lesson or talk with the notes and tags that I have made along the way of the discussion. Is this an option? I can print my highlights, but the notes I have made with the highlights will not print. Anyone been able to make this happen?
mevans

Re: Printing lessons with notes and tags

Post by mevans »

I'm not aware of a way to do this from the article. You can print notes from the notebook, but that's not quite what you're looking for.
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

For preparing to teach my Sunday School lesson, I highlight a talk with different colors. However, I can't find a way to print the talk with the color highlights. I always lose them when going to print which makes it frustrating when I want to use the lesson to teach. I usually end up printing it and then taking a pen and marking the areas I want to focus on. Ugh.

Any ideas on how to print a conference talk with my highlights?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

It doesn't look like it's possible currently – you could send feedback using the Feedback link at the bottom of the conference talk page to route your feedback to the developers!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

I don't get it. I'm on a General Conference talk right now in this web browser. I have highlights in said conference talk. I hit the print icon at the upper right of the talk (which seems identical to the browser's print button), and I print the talk and the talk includes my highlights, in color. What am I missing? (Using Windows 7 Pro and Firefox.)

Liz
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

Ooooh. Browsers have a print setting (File > Page Setup in Firefox and Internet Exploder) which let you say whether or not to print background colors and images - you must check this box and _then_ your highlights will print.

Liz
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

Liz got it. She's right. In Chrome, if you click "more settings" in the print preview you can select "Background graphics" and then the highlights show up.

You win, 2 extra points for you.
PamelaBonta

Post by PamelaBonta »

You are BRILLIANT! We have been looking for a way to do this!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

It's possible for a web site to force the browser to print background colors, at least for some browsers:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6670 ... ges-in-css
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mindygreene

Re: Printing Conference talks with highlights

Post by mindygreene »

Thank you so much for your help Liz. I have been listening/reading every conference talk available in the gospel library which has taken me years. I have been highlighting in different colors things that stand out to me. one color for knowledge (green) one for passages that show love or caring messages (pink) and those that personally touch me or have answered prayers or given guidance to me in my life (purple) and now I want to print those talks off those talks and categorize them in a book. When I went to print them my highlights weren't showing up. I was so bummed and when I read your post and seen how to get it to print with my highlights, it made my day. Thank you so much for your help!!!!

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”