Official Tax Receipt

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
Jeffvermeeren

Official Tax Receipt

Post by Jeffvermeeren »

I can't print an official tax receipt. I can only get the information that says it's not acceptable for tax purposes. How do I get the official tax receipt?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Official Tax Receipt

Post by russellhltn »

What country? It doesn't look like the statements are ready for the US yet. I only see 2007-2015.

From the donations page, select Donor Statements > Official Tax Statement. Select year and then click "Generate statement".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdpoulsen33

Post by jdpoulsen33 »

I'm having the same trouble. There is no choice for 2016 for Official Tax Receipt.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Traditionally, I don't know as any sizable organization has tax statements ready until the latter part of January. I'd speculate that it may have something to do with making sure all transactions are finalized before issuing a legal document.

You can use Statement of Contributions as a planning number (keeping in mind that not every donation category is tax deductible).
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:Traditionally, I don't know as any sizable organization has tax statements ready until the latter part of January. I'd speculate that it may have something to do with making sure all transactions are finalized before issuing a legal document.
As you can see in this post, last year the official tax statements were promised sometime between January 19 and January 31. So at this point it is very premature to expect the statements to be available. Just be patient.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I checked just now, and I can print a Official Tax Statement (US) for 2016.

drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I received this email ten minutes ago:
You have now received the pre-generated year-end tax statements in Leader Clerk Resources (LCR). As instructed in the December 15th letter from the Presiding Bishopric, please print these statements and give them to each donor. To print the statements, go to the Finance menu in LCR and click Tithing Settlement. On the Year-End Statements tab, print the pre-generated donor statements.
However, I still only see the 2015 statements, not the 2016 statements. I'm not complaining. I am willing to wait as long as it takes.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:However, I still only see the 2015 statements, not the 2016 statements. I'm not complaining. I am willing to wait as long as it takes.
Are you talking about LCR or on-line donations?

If on-line donations, when was your last donation for 2016? Mine was 30 Dec, so mine might show up a day before someone who donated on 31 Dec.

drepouille

Post by drepouille »

drepouille wrote:However, I still only see the 2015 statements, not the 2016 statements. I'm not complaining. I am willing to wait as long as it takes.
Got the email last night, and received the pregenerated statements this morning!
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
EELDENE

Re: Official Tax Receipt 2020

Post by EELDENE »

I NEED A PRINTED COPY OF MY TITHING FOR JAN 2020

Return to “Online Donations”