Lesson Schedules Discountinued 2017

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
dpicken

Re: Lesson Schedules Discountinued 2017

Post by dpicken »

If dtolputt's question was for me: My example is the new schedule for 2017, in which D&C and Church History are being studied in the Sunday School. The Book of Mormon was studied in 2016.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

dtolputt wrote:I don't read the Book of Mormon does that mean that the whole church is going to stop using the Book of Mormon ?
Who are you? Maybe One milion do! :D
dtolputt

Post by dtolputt »

Thank you for the reply but it does not answer the question.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dtolputt wrote:I don't read the Book of Mormon does that mean that the whole church is going to stop using the Book of Mormon ?
dtolputt wrote:Thank you for the reply but it does not answer the question.
I'm having a hard time understanding your question. Of course the Church is going to continue using the Book of Mormon, regardless of what any individual decides to do.

If you're asking about the regular Sunday School course of study, the Book of Mormon is the focus once every four years; since it was the course of study in 2016, it is likely to be the course of study again in 2020.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I am guessing that you are asking why you do not see the Book of Mormon in the 2017 Gospel Doctrine class course of study. The curriculum for the Gospel Doctrine class changes from year to year from among four study areas. The course of study for last year in 2016 was the Book of Mormon. For 2017 the course of study is the Doctrine and Covenants and Church history. The course of study for 2018 will most likely be the Old Testament while for 2019 it will most likely be the New Testament.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

Guys I think someone is simply expressing some sarcasm here. The point being,

since people don't use the lesson schedules tool and the Church is discontinuing it,

does that mean

if people don't read the Book of Mormon, will the Church discontinuing using it?

This is not a question that needs to be answered.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

wrigjef wrote:This is not a question that needs to be answered.
Exactly. It's just a wisecrack (boutade on français).
I don't understand why is so hard to realize that, being a lesson's schedule the less priority for a member, it'll be discontinue doe the cost of upgrade its technology.
What I really wonder is why Church do not release this old technology to LDS Open Source community so we can work on it or use it in our local site. ;)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

marianomarini wrote:What I really wonder is why Church do not release this old technology to LDS Open Source community so we can work on it or use it in our local site. ;)
Creating an open source project is certainly not without its own costs, which could easily exceed the cost of doing the work in house.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

wrigjef wrote:Guys I think someone is simply expressing some sarcasm here. The point being,

since people don't use the lesson schedules tool and the Church is discontinuing it,

does that mean

if people don't read the Book of Mormon, will the Church discontinuing using it?
I think you're right, but the sarcasm wasn't very well done. Mediocre sarcasm on a forum full of people who have an earnest desire to help people with questions is likely to waste many people's time.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

aebrown wrote:Creating an open source project is certainly not without its own costs, which could easily exceed the cost of doing the work in house.
Not knowing what exactly this technology is, and imply, I can be wrong so I beg your pardon in advance.
LanchPad give free space and technology to share projects. I'm working with one of them (LibreShot a fork from OpenShot Video Editor).
I know that could be some security reasons to not share the project. I don't know. This is why I still wonder. :D

Return to “Lesson Schedules”