Can't get or arrange for audio on many parts of the Gospel Library app

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
hernandeza123456

Can't get or arrange for audio on many parts of the Gospel Library app

Post by hernandeza123456 »

Previously (last year) i was able to either listen to the audio of scriptures or ensign or anything else while driving or jogging. I was also able to listen offline by sharing the text to another app I had on my phone "Voice Recording" that allowed me to listen to any text that audio was not available for. Now, with the latest revision to the Gospel Library app, the scriptures and few other sections do have audio (& the audio is improved) other areas do not have audio and now the app won't allow me to share to my secondary "voice recording/audio reader" app. So, essentially I am unable to listen to many sections of the app. Is there any fix or work around i can do to get this text shared to my secondary app for audio reading? Will there be an update to the software to help with this?
Please let me know as I would love to be able to get back to my routine of listening to Ensign articles, our weekly Sunday school lessons etc. while on the tredmil or driving. thank you.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Can't get or arrange for audio on many parts of the Gospel Library app

Post by sbradshaw »

How did you share the text from Gospel Library – did you copy/paste, or did you select the text and press the Share button? Gospel Library 4 still has a Copy option and a Share option in the annotation toolbar, though the icons may have changed. Have you tried both of those?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
janellkl

Post by janellkl »

My phone is new. I just downloaded the Gospel Library. I am finding audio for General Conference, but not for the scriptures.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

janellkl wrote:My phone is new. I just downloaded the Gospel Library. I am finding audio for General Conference, but not for the scriptures.
An audio button with a headphones icon should appear at the bottom of the screen when you arrive at the top of a chapter. As you scroll down in the chapter, the audio button will hide.
Marckasie00

Post by Marckasie00 »

I am also unable to access audio for the January Ensign in the lastest Gospel Library Update. Audio is available for scriptures, Teachings of the Presidents, previous issues of the Ensign.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Marckasie00 wrote:I am also unable to access audio for the January Ensign in the lastest Gospel Library Update. Audio is available for scriptures, Teachings of the Presidents, previous issues of the Ensign.
From what I understand, the content team is behind on adding audio to several books and magazines and the January and February magazine audio isn't ready yet. January should be added soon.
maureen0399

Post by maureen0399 »

The audio for 2017 January Ensign is available on my father's android cell phone (which has not updated the Gospel Library app yet) but not on our Android kindle. Any ideas when it will be available.
bellj12

Post by bellj12 »

I see many questions on this topic, but no answers. Where can I find help?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bellj12 wrote:I see many questions on this topic, but no answers. Where can I find help?
There are multiple answers in this topic (see here, here, here).

What help do you need? If you pose a specific question, you're more likely to get a specific answer.
davidtkunz

Post by davidtkunz »

I try to download the b.o.M. audio with the latest version, but some of the chapters are 0 mbytes and during continues play the chapters are skipped

Return to “Android Gospel Library”