2016 Official Tax Statement- Where is pregenerated Statement

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
cahoca

2016 Official Tax Statement- Where is pregenerated Statement

Post by cahoca »

I am a new clerk so not sure what to expect. I want to print the Official US Tax Statement so I can get them to the members by the 15th deadline. There is a 2015 pre-generated statement from 2015 but not from 2016 and it only has 11 members. I manually generated a statement thinking I could do it that way but I ended up getting 8000 statements of both donors and non-donors. Needless to say it would be super time consuming to go through all of this and find the ones that need printed. I know the bishop only submitted the tithing declaration report in the last week and wondered if that had something to do with it. Can anyone give some direction? Is there a report still coming that I don't know about.

Thanks for your help in advance!
eblood66

Re: 2016 Official Tax Statement- Where is pregenerated Statement

Post by eblood66 »

The pre-generated statements most likely won't be available until later in the month. The deadline is the 31st, not the 15th so don't worry about that. The pre-generated statements should be available sometime before the 31st (although last year it was something like the 28th so there may not be a lot of time between when it is available and when they need to be sent).

Return to “Local Unit Finance”