MLS 2.9 Organizations Report

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
mkmurray

MLS 2.9 Organizations Report

Post by mkmurray »

So when I view the Organizations Report now, there is an odd entry at the very bottom of the list: "Stake Presidency". This is a ward computer.

The ward office beside us was lucky enough to have "Stake Young Men" at the bottom of their list. Both entries were blank with no one in those organizations. But why are ward installs of MLS showing Stake organizations, especially just one Stake organization and it's different between our two wards?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mkmurray wrote:So when I view the Organizations Report now, there is an odd entry at the very bottom of the list: "Stake Presidency". This is a ward computer.

The ward office beside us was lucky enough to have "Stake Young Men" at the bottom of their list. Both entries were blank with no one in those organizations. But why are ward installs of MLS showing Stake organizations, especially just one Stake organization and it's different between our two wards?

I know you said that the entries were blank, but I can't help wondering: Does the neighboring ward actually have a member who is in the Stake Young Men presidency, and does your ward have someone in the Stake Presidency (which might include clerks and executive secretary)?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Going along with what Alan said, is it possible that you used to have someone in that position? Some wards create stake positions in order to keep their members off the "members without callings" list. When the member is released, it's possible the clerk just removed the member and didn't delete the calling.

It would be cool if stake callings are finding their way from the stake back to the ward computers, but I don't know how that would end up blank in the ward unless there's some bugs to be worked out yet.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Thanks for the good responses. I"ll ask around and find out.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

mkmurray wrote:Thanks for the good responses. I"ll ask around and find out.
Well, I only know a little bit more.

I did see that we have someone from our ward in an out-of-unit calling that is a Stake Presidency calling in a Provo stake I think. However, we also have Stake High Councilmen and other Stake/Ward organizations within our Stake not being represented like this extra, empty Stake Presidency organization shows up on our Organizations Report.

EDIT: So I just realized what I said, that many (or almost all) of the out-of-unit callings are within our Stake. So maybe that is the difference. However, when I think about the other ward in our building who had an empty Stake Young Mens' Presidency organization, that might break this theory. I cannot think of a situation where individuals are called to a Stake Young Mens' Presidency calling out of their own Stake...can you?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mkmurray wrote:I did see that we have someone from our ward in an out-of-unit calling that is a Stake Presidency calling in a Provo stake I think. However, we also have Stake High Councilmen and other Stake/Ward organizations within our Stake not being represented like this extra, empty Stake Presidency organization shows up on our Organizations Report.
Getting back to basics on this question, have you checked to see if someone has added a Custom Organization called "Stake Presidency" to your ward's MLS? To check that out, go to Organizations, then Other Callings. With the default MLS install, your only options on the left side will be "Miscellaneous" "Out of Unit Callings" and "Custom Positions". But you can use the Add Organization button at the bottom to add up to 9 additional custom organizations. If there is an organization on the left called "Stake Presidency", then that's your answer. You can use the Remove Organization button at the bottom to remove the organization. It would be more appropriate to use the "Out of Unit Callings" feature for a stake presidency member serving from your ward, anyway.
mkmurray wrote: EDIT: So I just realized what I said, that many (or almost all) of the out-of-unit callings are within our Stake. So maybe that is the difference. However, when I think about the other ward in our building who had an empty Stake Young Mens' Presidency organization, that might break this theory. I cannot think of a situation where individuals are called to a Stake Young Mens' Presidency calling out of their own Stake...can you?
I certainly haven't heard of a situation where a Stake YM presidency member would be called from outside the stake, but stranger things have happened. In any case, I'm guessing that other ward was seeing what I described above.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”