Footnotes or previous versions?

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
dnrose26

Footnotes or previous versions?

Post by dnrose26 »

Is there a way to go back to a previous version of the Gospel Library app? It was a surprise that I had to redownload everything in my library. That wasn't a huge issue though.

What I really miss is the way the footnotes were in the previous version. I really liked how they were all on the bottom (or the side) and it would scroll as I moved the page automatically. Now, it basically opens a new page for just one little footnote blocking my view of the scriptures and I think it's a huge waste of space. I have to open each and every footnote if I want to include the JSTs in my reading. Is there a way to change the footnotes or go back to the previous version please?
lmcguire

Re: Footnotes or previous versions?

Post by lmcguire »

Please see this thread: https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 54#p165554

In it there are various discussions of the new version (in landscape mode, you can "pin" that new panel). Whether it scrolls depends on the version of Android you have. On page 5, I posted a link to the new version which you can side-load.

FWIW,
Liz
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Footnotes or previous versions?

Post by sbradshaw »

The re-downloading was required because Gospel Library 4.0 is using an entirely new content format (think .doc vs .pdf, or .png vs .jpg). The old content format isn't compatible with the new version of Gospel Library, and vice versa. Among the advantages of the new content format (modern HTML with CSS) are the ability to highlight anything (text in bulleted lists, headers, etc., which couldn't be formatted before), the ability to provide richer content stylistically, and the ability to publish in more channels using the same content source.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”