Hyperlinks in Notes/Journal

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
jaredhallows

Hyperlinks in Notes/Journal

Post by jaredhallows »

I posted this same discussion in the "Gospel Library" section. Wasn't sure the proper place for it as it crossed into both areas.

I've hunted through the forums but have been unable to find anything on this. If I am in the wrong place or this has been addressed before, my apologies.

With the newest updates to the "Notes/Journal" portion of Gospel Library (iOS) and lds.org, you can no longer add links to outside resources/websites. Before, when on iOS, if you found a website/article that went along with something you were studying, you could copy and paste the link to that site into a note. That link would be clickable within the Notes section of Gospel Library and lds.org. Now it just shows up as text which does nothing when clicked/tapped. Was this done on purpose? We've tried it on a few different devices/accounts and get the same result each time.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Hyperlinks in Notes/Journal

Post by sbradshaw »

Notes in Gospel Library are stored in a different format in version 4.0 than they were before, which allows them to include things like bold, italics, bulleted lists, etc. There is also a brand new note editor and viewing notes is done in a completely different way. So, hyperlinks weren't removed, technically – they just haven't been implemented (in the new note editor/viewer). I wouldn't be surprised if Gospel Library supports links in the future. As for the LDS.org study tools, they haven't been updated in several years. I don't know what features are on the roadmap for LDS.org in the future.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”