Voice for audio Book of Mormon

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
bergi85

Voice for audio Book of Mormon

Post by bergi85 »

Does anyone know how to switch back to the male voice for audio reading of the Book of Mormon? The new female voice is too much like Siri for me.... too robotic.
thebroadwayguy

Re: Voice for audio Book of Mormon

Post by thebroadwayguy »

If you select the three dots on the right side of the media player you can select male voice. Though it is still not the same as it used to be. I'm not liking it so much myself.

Hope that helps!
bergi85

Post by bergi85 »

Thanks! Yeah it is a little bit better. I ended up downloading the MP3 version from the main site. I will probably use that while driving.

Thanks for your help!
mariesa1013

Post by mariesa1013 »

I kept listening to the female voice to try to determine if it WAS done by a program like Siri. Truly awful. Thanks for helping me turn it to the male voice. He's slightly better but still a bit robotic. I never realized how brilliant the old narration was until they changed it :(. I don't think I'll be listening to the scriptures as much anymore. I'll stick to conference talks.
tlalderman

Post by tlalderman »

I really hope the tech people read these posts...PLEASE give us access to the previous reader!!! He really was quite good. The new ones have no emotion.
chrystiezz@yahoo.com

Post by chrystiezz@yahoo.com »

I agree! The previous reader was much more interesting to listen to! I don't like the new male or female voices nearly as much. It would be great if we could have access to the old audio.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

One of the reasons for the change is that the old recordings were done before the 2013 edition of the scriptures, so they didn't match the newest text. However, there are some issues with the new recordings (both the audio quality and the voices themselves) that need to be addressed.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
wfindlay

Post by wfindlay »

I think the developers should publicize this reason for changing the voices more. A lot of the reviewers on the App Store would probably have been less critical if they were made aware that the change was necessary because of the new edition.
jldesmazes

Post by jldesmazes »

I agree, the old voice was much better. I would most certainly think that the new voice is not a real person sentences run right into one another with no breath and no emotion. The biggest disappointment for me is that the spirit of the reading is no longer there. The man had a truly inspiring voice and have felt his spirit and his emotion while he read. If they keep this voice I will unfortunately not be listening to it nearly as much as I used to. It's lacking the human element. If possible please take it back to the old male reader.
tmduffy

Post by tmduffy »

I don't see the 3 dots on the media player to change the voice. When I open up the Gospel Library app I don't even see a media player on my iPad 2.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”