Email Misprint

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
laytons

Email Misprint

Post by laytons »

I am in the Young Women's presidency and am helping a young woman set up her LDS account in order to start up her personal progress online. When setting up her account, we used her membership number and attached the incorrect email to the account. When it prompted us to enter the verification code from the email account, we realized we entered the wrong email address. How do I remedy this problem? I tried to create a new account but the membership number is already attached to an incorrect email.
Thanks for your help!
lriendeau

Re: Email Misprint

Post by lriendeau »

I have the same problem. I am creating an account for my sons and mistyped the email. Now it won't let me make an account with a different email because it says that this record number is already attached to an email and so it won't let me do anything. Please help! Thank you
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Work with a clerk, or her parents. The LDS account portal has a help section that will eventually get you to someone that can help after you verify you have looked at all the resources, their second to help and this forum. Start with the HELP section
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you able to change your son's incorrectly-typed email address under "My Household" on the LDS.org Directory?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Church Account”