Using Media Library picture

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
wrigjef

Using Media Library picture

Post by wrigjef »

I've been asked to set up a Facebook page for our ward. Based on some research I think the best way to go is a closed group, of corse following the guidance on internet.lds.org

My question is can I use a picture of Christ downloaded from the media library on LDS.org on the ward Facebook group?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Using Media Library picture

Post by sbradshaw »

Yes. Under Frequently Asked Questions, it says:
What are the use restrictions for images?

Most images on the LDS Media Library are available for download. They may be used for noncommercial, personal, and Church-related purposes unless otherwise indicated. We do ask that you be respectful in the way you choose to use them.

Can I put the image on my blog or website?

Yes! We encourage members to use the images on the Media Library on their blogs and personal websites. And we would love it if you would link the image back to where you found it on the Media Library so others can download it from the Media Library too.
The question immediately above those two is specific to Facebook, but it's referring to sharing on your timeline, which is different from downloading then uploading. These questions are more on topic when it comes to downloading and uploading.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

I guess a closed group created under a personal Facebook account could be considered "personal" even though it is for a ward.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

In any case, it definitely falls under "Church-related."
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “General Discussions”