Who changes branch clerk authority permissions for LCR? The Stake Clerk or Branch President?

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
mdlfire

Who changes branch clerk authority permissions for LCR? The Stake Clerk or Branch President?

Post by mdlfire »

I have been newly called as the branch clerk. I was asked by the branch president to have the stake clerk provide me with LCR privileges, but he is unable to do so. Is it the branch president who makes those changes on the computer, or the stake clerk?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Who changes branch clerk authority permissions for LCR? The Stake Clerk or Branch President?

Post by russellhltn »

The stake installs the branch president/bishop. Someone at branch/ward level has to do the councilors and everyone else on down.

So yes, it would be the branch president. Although, I think a councilor or assistant clerk could do it as well.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Who changes branch clerk authority permissions for LCR? The Stake Clerk or Branch President?

Post by jdlessley »

Access to LCR and to specific functions of LCR is determined by the standard calling recorded for a member. russellhltn has explained who can record these standard callings. Once a calling is recorded it may take from a few seconds to a day or two for the permissions to propagate through all the systems involved and setting up access to all the functions a clerk will need.

I will note that only those callings/positions with membership edit permissions as identified in the handbooks will be able to record the callings. For a branch that would be the branch president, clerk, assistant clerk, and membership clerk (assistant clerk - membership). Unfortunately the branch presidency counselors do not have this capability.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

jdlessley wrote:I will note that only those callings/positions with membership edit permissions as identified in the handbooks will be able to record the callings. For a branch that would be the branch president, clerk, assistant clerk, and membership clerk (assistant clerk - membership). Unfortunately the branch presidency counselors do not have this capability.
I don't think that's true. I think it's anyone with the Manage Callings permission who can edit those callings (which includes counselors).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

According to the access table, branch counselors and the executive secretary have manage callings rights.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”