How do I change privacy setting for childrens emails to be viewable to no one, Including leaders?

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
susanohana

How do I change privacy setting for childrens emails to be viewable to no one, Including leaders?

Post by susanohana »

I am not comfortable with my minor (age 10-12) children's email addresses being viewable to their leaders, much less the ward or stake. Under privacy setting there is no option to make a email totally private. I do not feel this is safe for my children. Is my only option to close their LDS.org account to protect their privacy?
eblood66

Re: How do I change privacy setting for childrens emails to be viewable to no one, Including leaders?

Post by eblood66 »

Just go into the Directory on lds.org (https://www.lds.org/directory), select My Household on the left side, click the Edit button at the top of the right side, click Edit by the child's email address and then remove the address. Your child's LDS Account should still be accessible (my son's is and he doesn't have an email address entered). You can't recover the username or password using an email address at that point but you can still recover using their membership number and birthdate if that is necessary at some point in the future.

Return to “Church Account”