cant access MLS for visiting teaching records

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
moonfamilia

cant access MLS for visiting teaching records

Post by moonfamilia »

Both ward clerks have tried to fix my account and have not been able to fix problem. I am able to sign into lds.org but I can not get into any of the visiting teaching reports, or the attendance roll report or into the ward calendar. It tells me access denied. I am listed as the relief society secretary on the list but I can not access any of the reports.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: cant access MLS for visiting teaching records

Post by jonesrk »

This LDS Account doesn't have your membership information tied to it. If you add that they you will get access to those tools.
moonfamilia

Post by moonfamilia »

how do I add the membership information?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

moonfamilia wrote:how do I add the membership information?
Sign in to ldsaccount.lds.org, then go to the Membership section and add your Membership Record Number (which you can get from your ward clerk, or is on your temple recommend).
moonfamilia

Post by moonfamilia »

when I enter my membership number it tells me that the information already exists. when I first set up my account I used loonytic22 but I could not get the password so we called salt lake and they set up the moonfamilia account.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

moonfamilia wrote:when I enter my membership number it tells me that the information already exists. when I first set up my account I used loonytic22 but I could not get the password....
You need to recover the password on the loonytic22 account, since that is the one associated with your MRN (Membership Record Number). You can do this by starting to sign in to lds.org, and then choosing "forgot password." You will have the option to recover your account using email (if you still have access to the email account associated with loonytic22) or using your MRN and birth date.
moonfamilia wrote:...so we called salt lake and they set up the moonfamilia account.
I'm not sure what you mean by "salt lake" -- was it FamilySearch? the Global Service Center? some other entity? -- but they gave you bad advice. Only one account can be associated with your MRN, and if you forget the password to that account, you should recover it, not create a new nonmember account.
moonfamilia

Post by moonfamilia »

we called for family Search. What do I need to do
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

moonfamilia wrote:we called for family Search. What do I need to do
You need to recover the password to your old account that has your MRN attached to it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
moonfamilia

Post by moonfamilia »

I got in on my loonytic account. now can you delet the moonfamilia account? username: moonfamilia. password: [redacted]. Thank you for all your help.
Last edited by aebrown on Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Hide confidential info
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

moonfamilia wrote:I got in on my loonytic account. now can you delet the moonfamilia account? username: moonfamilia. password: [redacted]. Thank you for all your help.
No one here can delete the account. The simplest course of action for you is to simply ignore that account.

But if it's important to you to have it deleted, you can work with your ward clerk, who can contact the Global Service Center.

[Moderator note: I removed the password you posted -- please be aware that this is a public forum, visible to anyone on the Internet, so it is not prudent to post account credentials, even for an account you no longer wish to use.]

Return to “Church Account”