See who your HTs are in LDS Tools

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
ronjones515

See who your HTs are in LDS Tools

Post by ronjones515 »

As a EQ President, of course I can see all the assignments. But why can't the basic member see who their Home Teachers are in the LDS Tools app? I think this would go a long way in creating bonds between families and their HTs.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: See who your HTs are in LDS Tools

Post by russellhltn »

ronjones515 wrote:But why can't the basic member see who their Home Teachers are in the LDS Tools app? I think this would go a long way in creating bonds between families and their HTs.
Since the information is there, I can only speculate that it's to create a bond between the HT and the quorum leaders. In an average ward, I wouldn't expect a lot of changes in HT over time. Otherwise, there would be no bond between HT and the families. It also gives the quorum leaders a chance to discuss the assignment with the HT. Things like background, special concerns, and situations. Things that should not be part of an on-line electronic system.

This isn't something the developers decide. The "business rules" are handed down by the Brethren.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
balut228

Viewing Home Teaching Assignments in LDS Tools App

Post by balut228 »

I am sorry if this has already been discussed here, but I couldn't find it when I did my search on the forum.

I am not in a leadership position which would enable me to view everyone's home teaching assignment on LDS.org. However, I think it would be very beneficial if I could at least see: 1) who my home teaching companion is, 2) who I have been assigned to home teach, and 3) who has been assigned to home teach me. I would like to view this specifically in the LDS Tools app.

I know I can get this information from the Elders Quorum President or another leader, but I would think that this specific information wouldn't be considered "confidential" to myself since it's my assignment.

Many thanks for the tips in advance!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Viewing Home Teaching Assignments in LDS Tools App

Post by aebrown »

balut228 wrote:I am sorry if this has already been discussed here, but I couldn't find it when I did my search on the forum.

I am not in a leadership position which would enable me to view everyone's home teaching assignment on LDS.org. However, I think it would be very beneficial if I could at least see: 1) who my home teaching companion is, 2) who I have been assigned to home teach, and 3) who has been assigned to home teach me. I would like to view this specifically in the LDS Tools app.

I know I can get this information from the Elders Quorum President or another leader, but I would think that this specific information wouldn't be considered "confidential" to myself since it's my assignment.
It's been suggested many times. For example, here, here, or here.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Viewing Home Teaching Assignments in LDS Tools App

Post by russellhltn »

balut228 wrote:I am sorry if this has already been discussed here, but I couldn't find it when I did my search on the forum.
Your post has been combined with an existing thread.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
balut228

Re: See who your HTs are in LDS Tools

Post by balut228 »

Thanks for the reply, sorry I did not see the prior post. I am glad to see that I am not alone in this request, though.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”