Long highlights freeze the app

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
cnj87

Long highlights freeze the app

Post by cnj87 »

When I'm trying to tag a longer passage (more than 3 or 4 verses), it seems to freeze the app pretty consistently. So far, the only way I've been able to resolve this is by closing the app and restarting it. It usually lets me do it after restarting, but it is likely to freeze on a different passage shortly thereafter.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Long highlights freeze the app

Post by sbradshaw »

Do you have a lot of annotations (highlights, tags, links, notes, bookmarks) in the chapter you're trying to highlight?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mikelantz

Post by mikelantz »

I have this problem when trying add a note to an already highlighted section of text. Not sure if it will eventually unlock, but the app is stuck (I don't have the patience to wait) and will not allow me to use any features on the app (like the arrow back or changing pages or going to other sections), so I have to cold boot the iPad and restore.

At this point the highlighted section is no longer "selected" and the system is back to normal. This has happened to me 4-5 times since the update.

Mike Lantz
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Hmm. What version of iOS are you running? You may want to send in-app feedback under Settings, to get in touch with the Gospel Library support team.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”