adult child not listed on parents' record

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rfolsom

adult child not listed on parents' record

Post by rfolsom »

I have an older couple in my unit who pointed out that one of their adult children is not shown on their records. The child is a member in another unit. How can I update the record of the parents to show that the child is part of their family?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: adult child not listed on parents' record

Post by russellhltn »

While there may be a way to edit it, I think I'd be inclined to call Local Unit Support. The reason is, that child's records must have "parents", but it's not linked to the real parents. If we were talking about a non-member child, this would be simple. But since the child is a member there's a number of links that are broken. Only some of which are under your control. It would be best to get the whole thing done right rather an a piecemeal fashion that has to be fixed by someone else.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rfolsom

Post by rfolsom »

Indeed. The child must have parents shown on his record (which I cannot see, since it is in another unit). The child was also BIC, which means there are several links that seem to be missing. I will try to resolve as you have suggested. Thank you.
rfolsom

Post by rfolsom »

BTW, I am the clerk in an English unit in Hong Kong, not in North America. I have never call Local Unit Support, is there a number posted somewhere?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

rfolsom wrote:BTW, I am the clerk in an English unit in Hong Kong, not in North America. I have never call Local Unit Support, is there a number posted somewhere?
https://www.lds.org/help/support/record ... n?lang=eng
rfolsom

Post by rfolsom »

Thanks for this link. However, Hong Kong is not listed in countries with a help link. I think this is because Hong Kong (the local Cantonese units) itself is not part of LCR system yet, but our District, because we are an English language expatriate District, do have access to and use LCR.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

I'd send an email to the main (US) email address and ask them what contact you should use.

Return to “Membership Help”