Ordination details

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rfolsom

Ordination details

Post by rfolsom »

In LCR under a member's list of ordinances, there is a column for "Details". Typically this appears to show the name of the person who performed the ordinance (for baptism, confirmation and priesthood ordinations). This information also shows up in the IOS printed out for members, showing "Ordained elder by: ", etc. A member pointed out to me that his record did not show the names of the persons who ordained him to his priesthood offices, and he provided the names for me to update in his records, but I cannot find where I can do this.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ordination details

Post by russellhltn »

The system may not hold the names except for the last priesthood office. If there's no place to edit that, then I'd consider using "Special Request" from MLS to send the info to SLC.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rfolsom

Post by rfolsom »

Thanks. I will send a Special Request with the information.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:The system may not hold the names except for the last priesthood office. If there's no place to edit that, then I'd consider using "Special Request" from MLS to send the info to SLC.
Yes, the system keeps the person who performed the ordinance for both Elder and High Priest ordinations (Aaronic priesthood ordinations are hidden entirely once someone is ordained to the Melchizedek priesthood).
rfolsom wrote:A member pointed out to me that his record did not show the names of the persons who ordained him to his priesthood offices, and he provided the names for me to update in his records, but I cannot find where I can do this.
As an Assistant Membership Clerk I have the ability to edit Aaronic priesthood ordination information but it doesn't look like I have the ability to edit Melchizedek ordination information. My guess is that only the stake is allowed to edit Melchizedek ordinations since they are the only ones who can record them. I'd suggest checking with your stake clerk and seeing if he can make the change.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

eblood66 wrote: As an Assistant Membership Clerk I have the ability to edit Aaronic priesthood ordination information but it doesn't look like I have the ability to edit Melchizedek ordination information. My guess is that only the stake is allowed to edit Melchizedek ordinations since they are the only ones who can record them. I'd suggest checking with your stake clerk and seeing if he can make the change.
As an Assistant Stake Clerk I can edit the Melchizedek ordinations.

Return to “Membership Help”