Attach a document on "send a message" in LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
barwillhansen

Attach a document on "send a message" in LCR

Post by barwillhansen »

I am a stake executive secretary and I maintain my own dist list for stake leaders. I send weekly communications from the stake to Bishoprics, stake council etc. I have a format created in Word that many appreciate to receive these communications. Is there any way I can attach these documents on the "send a message" function on LCR? When I cut and paste from the document, all formatting is lost. Thanks for any advice or information of upcoming features.
glenrsaul

Re: Attach a document on "send a message" in LCR

Post by glenrsaul »

I second the request to attach documents via the "send a message" feature.

There are often times that the stake emails documents to ward leaders that ward leaders would like to forward to the ward council, youth leaders, or other ward groups, but have to either: A. Manually copy those emails from the directory to a separate email client, or B. Store the document online somewhere (Google Docs, Dropbox, etc) that allows you to send a link to the document which can then be included in the email through "send a message."
cbsturg

Post by cbsturg »

I would also love to see this. In fact, I'm willing to write the code to make it happen if it would help move it along...
mckaynmurdock

Post by mckaynmurdock »

"Second" from me too! Definitely would help in Ward Newsletter distribution. I think Google just released a new spam catcher update, my usual method of emailing the ward as bcc list via Gmail no longer works. Maybe if we get enough Exec Secs to post on this thread it will happen!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mckaynmurdock wrote:Maybe if we get enough Exec Secs to post on this thread it will happen!
That's not the way the church works. And the decision-makers do not look here.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
chadtaylor7

Post by chadtaylor7 »

Would be amazing to have ability to attach documents to the official communications app. Would save a lot of time.
pclemons

Post by pclemons »

I too would LOVE IT if the church would allow email attachments ...and images in our "send a message" emails.

I've been maintaining my own distribution lists, as many others have likewise noted, of all the groupings in all the wards of our stake. My current Google Contacts list is over 350 leadership names, emails, and phone numbers. I literally have to keep up with all the leadership callings in all the wards. It's crazy!

However, I believe there are alternatives, which we are now trying. See if this works for you:
- upload any attachments you'd like included in your email to a Google Drive account (this is free)
- right-click each file and select "get shareable link"
- wright your email using the lds.org "Send a Message" feature
- list your documents somewhere in the email
- select/highlight each document, then use the "Link" feature of the email system to paste the Google Doc link

Your recipients will still get your emails as before, and most will see the "attachments" as regular attachments. But even if they don't, all they need to do is click on the links to get the attachments as before.

Hope this helps!

Peter
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

That feature is in early beta now.
gxhrush

Post by gxhrush »

Please make this possible, having to maintain a stake updated list of all the members to send out group emails and current agendas is very time consuming . Being able to use send a message, by drop and drag documents or cut and paste, would be such a help, for meeting planning and stake updated information.
Thanks Glenn STK Exec Secty
Wolfpaw

Post by Wolfpaw »

This would be great!

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”