Missionary Dinner Calendar

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
jds580s

Re: Missionary Dinner Calendar

Post by jds580s »

Very close to having this open for some wards to beta test. PM me
Try these free tools:
MissionaryDinnerCalendar.com - Online calendar for members to sign up and feed the missionaries in your ward.
CallingManager.com - Tool to visualize and manage callings in a ward
soreasan

Post by soreasan »

This idea is really impressive. Missionaries in my ward tried a similar idea with Google docs.
jds580s

Post by jds580s »

http://MissionaryDinnerCalendar.com is open for signups. There are a couple features still in the works for the next release. If you have any questions or feedback feel free to let me know.

Thanks!
Attachments
Home-small.png
Home-small.png (114.51 KiB) Viewed 3494 times
Try these free tools:
MissionaryDinnerCalendar.com - Online calendar for members to sign up and feed the missionaries in your ward.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Does this calendar allow times for lunch and dinner? It looks similar to an online calendar my ward recently used to schedule meals for those recovering from illness.

I prefer to include telephone numbers, but that is problematic for security reasons.

I just created a ward missionary meal calendar on lds.org, which anyone on the ward council may update. While it is visible to all members of the ward, it may only be edited by ward council members. The other limitation is that it does not allow our sister ward, with whom we share missionaries, to view it or edit it.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
jds580s

Post by jds580s »

While it isn't specifically designed for lunch and dinner times, it can easily be adapted.
Instead of using the calendar for 2 separate sets of missionaries you could set it up as Lunch Appointments and Dinner Appointments.

Regarding phone numbers, for privacy reasons I don't specifically request them on the signup page, but many members like to include one on the same line as their name when signing up. Those will be visible to the calendar administrator and on the printed calendar. The same goes for time of day. Our ward often sees appointments like "John Smith 5pm 555-5555"

There is no problem with 2 wards sharing one calendar, just make sure the other ward's leadership has the admin password as well.

Thanks!
Try these free tools:
edslack

Post by edslack »

A separate way to mark days that the missionaries are not accepting dinner appointments would be nice. P-days for example, I do it now by entering "No Meals" but a separate color would be nice. Or an X-out for the printed Black & White Calendar. And a recurring appointment option would also be nice.

BTW: Thank you, we are using this tool.
Michaeljefferyjones

Post by Michaeljefferyjones »

An easy way it which we dealt with this,is to give an assignment to a member to make the appointments-it works great in our Unit
codyzzd

Post by codyzzd »

hey please, allow translation api... i can translate for pt-br ^^
buckeyepower

Post by buckeyepower »

It would be great if this had notifications via email or text. Our missionaries have Samsung smart phones can can receive email or text notifications when someone signs up for a dinner appointment. However, they cannot view the website directly due to restrictions on their phones.
janicehopkins

Post by janicehopkins »

I am in charge of Missionary in our ward and I can't see many signing up on line. If it isn't right there in front of me I would forget all about it when I got home.
I love serving our Missionaries and making sure they are taking care of.

Return to “General Discussions”