False errors on application to First Presidency preventing submission

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
josephwecker

False errors on application to First Presidency preventing submission

Post by josephwecker »

On an application for a sealing cancellation, when attempting to submit to the Stake President it indicates that the divorce date of the sealed spouse conflicts with the sealing date- meaning the sealing date is after the divorce date. While that would normally indicate an error, in this case it is accurate and one of the primary reasons we are applying for the sealing to be cancelled in the first place.

The whole situation is quite unique. Suffice it to say, I can't override the warning/error & submit it to the Stake President. A very messy work-around would be to put the date and reason for the divorce somewhere else- or even fake the divorce date to something later and give the real one in the explanation (but that might not even work because it would then conflict with the death date. Yes, it's a complex situation)- not to mention the fact that I feel very uncomfortable lying about a date on an application to the First Presidency, even if it's explained elsewhere...

This poor member has waited a long time for all of this to get straightened out and it has been in my court for over 6 months now as everything was put in order, documented, described, and summarized succinctly. Is there any possibility of a quick fix that changes this into a kind of alert instead of a submission error? Barring that, do I have any other options?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: False errors on application to First Presidency preventing submission

Post by russellhltn »

I'd call Local Unit Support and discuss the situation with them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

josephwecker wrote:Barring that, do I have any other options?
One possibility is to enter a date that the system will accept, but that is so wrong it will be noticed. I am with you, however, and do not like that idea. LUS may have a better idea.

If LUS cannot help, and the system will not let you submit because of this situation, I would print everything out and hand it to the stake president. I know the instructions say not to do this, and in this situation the stake president can add a brief statement in his letter that explains why the Application is being mailed.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Contact Local Unit Support. They can work with the appropriate teams to find a short-term resolution to your issue and identify the issue so that the developers can identify a long-term solution.
josephwecker

Post by josephwecker »

Perfect. Thank you.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”