Membership help

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Casey67

Membership help

Post by Casey67 »

"I am the High Priest Group Leader A family, recently moved in to the Branch. He is a High Priest and their records are visible in the Directory but not in the High Priest list nor on the Relief Society list. I'm trying to assign him as a Home Teacher. Who can fix the "visibility"?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Membership help

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest working with the membership clerk to find out what's going on.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
donmckinney1

Post by donmckinney1 »

Membership clerk created a new record for a male child by mistake, should have been a female. In trying to correct this he has created two records. The incorrect one needs to be deleted it we can't find how to to that.
Thanks Branch Clerk.
donmckinney1@bellsouth.net
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

donmckinney1 wrote:Membership clerk created a new record for a male child by mistake, should have been a female. In trying to correct this he has created two records. The incorrect one needs to be deleted it we can't find how to to that.
I don't know as it's been moved to LCR, but it used to be that you could delete a record and when asked for the reason, state that it was a duplicate.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:I don't know as it's been moved to LCR, but it used to be that you could delete a record and when asked for the reason, state that it was a duplicate.
It has been moved to LCR. In LCR, select Membership > Merge Duplicate Records. I've never used that function but it looks like you first select the two records and click Merge Records button. After that I expect it guides you through choosing which record to keep and possibly what information to merge.
zimmermanr2

Post by zimmermanr2 »

Adult member's record has his mother's name mispelled. Record created several years ago in another state. In MLS, edit of parents automatically sends me to lds.org I find NO direction or help to edit parents info there. He is a convert so don't know if PARENT record exists. If it does, she is not in our ward. He has only asked that her name be corrected on HIS record.

Ray Zimmerman hoosier@broadweave.net
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

zimmermanr2 wrote:Adult member's record has his mother's name mispelled. Record created several years ago in another state. In MLS, edit of parents automatically sends me to lds.org I find NO direction or help to edit parents info there. He is a convert so don't know if PARENT record exists. If it does, she is not in our ward. He has only asked that her name be corrected on HIS record.
In LCR find the member's profile (either using the member search box or using Membership > Member List from the menu). Click on the Family tab. Under the Parent's section you should see both parent's names.

If the parent is a member you will see a unit number to the right of the name. If that's the case you can't edit the name. Instead you should click on the unit number to see the contact information for that unit and use it to ask them to make the change.

If the parent is a non-member the unit number will be missing. In that case you can click the little pencil icon on the right side of the line and edit the name.

Return to “Membership Help”