Quarterly Report after boundary alignment

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
grandrus

Quarterly Report after boundary alignment

Post by grandrus »

Our Ward was affected by the ward split that officially took effect January 1st. However, the quarterly report in the system is set up to automatically populate the maximum possible attendances for each category on the report on the last day of the quarter, which was yesterday, but church headquarters entered the split on Tuesday, December 27th to have the wards established for today's services. As a result, the quarterly report automatically generated maximum potential attendance numbers post-split but all of our attendance numbers are rightfully calculated pre-split. Many of our ward attendance numbers will now exceed the maximum potential attendance numbers so I don't know how to submit our attendance numbers? Pre-split as rightfully observed or post-split to match the automatically generated maximums which don't get officially observed until today, the first day of the new quarter. I would appreciate any and all help you can offer.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Quarterly Report after boundary alignment

Post by russellhltn »

I'd call Local Unit Support to have them fix it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Quarterly Report after boundary alignment

Post by jonesrk »

From what I can see it looks like the bishop was called on December 18th. I'm guessing that is when the boundary changes were sustained as well. If so that is correctly the time that the ward was created, even if your first meetings as a ward were Jan 1st.

What we have done in our stake is to have the wards that existed before the split record the numbers they had, even though that makes things look a bit odd. Then we set their budget allocations to 0 and manually transfer budgets to all the wards affected for the next 2 quarters, until the effect of the split has past.

Edit: As a note, so far all of are splits have been at the end of a month so we haven't had to deal with counting both ways.

Return to “Reports and Forms”