check donations for missionary

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
branzash

check donations for missionary

Post by branzash »

I was told there was a way to check donations for a missionary to see how much still needs to be donated for a given month, is there a way to do that?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: check donations for missionary

Post by russellhltn »

The ward financial clerk that do that. There is no way for anyone who does not have access to the ward finances to see that.

However, if you are a member, you should be able to see how much you've donated on-line. But that does depend on the ward associating your MRN with your donation.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
branzash

Post by branzash »

Thank you. That is what I thought, but someone told me they were able to actually look up the donations others had made to their sons mission through their online LDS account, they must have been talking about just paying it online as many of us do. I will just contact the ward clerk.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

branzash wrote:someone told me they were able to actually look up the donations others had made to their sons mission through their online LDS account,
Sure, if they're the ward clerk, ward finance clerk or something like that. Sometimes people in those positions don't realize that what they see is because of their calling and not everyone can see that.

It's worth pointing out that to see what others have donated violates confidentiality of donations. To know the balance is fine, but to see who/how much is a no-no unless they're in a calling that gives them permission to ward finances.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mikebpt

Post by mikebpt »

So, as a clerk, can I show a parent the list of donation amounts if there is no donor identity displayed?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mikebpt wrote:So, as a clerk, can I show a parent the list of donation amounts if there is no donor identity displayed?
I still see a potential for problems. Perhaps they know who else is donating. Now they know when/how much they've donated even if the name is redacted.

I'd feel better about a balance. If they have questions about their donation, then you can give them a list of their donations.

mitzibrandt

Post by mitzibrandt »

I am still logged into the Ensign Ward 3rd Branch which no longer exists. I cannot get my ward to come up to send tithing and missionary housing.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mitzibrandt wrote:I am still logged into the Ensign Ward 3rd Branch which no longer exists. I cannot get my ward to come up to send tithing and missionary housing.
If the branch was recently discontinued, it may take a few days for your records to be transferred to your new unit. You can go to the Directory at LDS.org to see if that has happened.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mitzibrandt wrote:I am still logged into the Ensign Ward 3rd Branch which no longer exists.
When was this done? If you are now in a newly created ward, it can take the better part of a week for it to be created.

Return to “Church Account”