Bookmark not working

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
bryanst10

Bookmark not working

Post by bryanst10 »

In Android, I used to be able to select the little bookmark icon to the left of any given verse and a red bar would appear. You could then drag that bar down to another verse to move the bookmark. I can still do that in iOS, but in Android it will not activate the bookmark to drag and move anymore. Is a fix in the works?
jasonhyer

Re: Bookmark not working

Post by jasonhyer »

According to some discussion in the Google+ beta community this is a known feature. If I remember correctly it was on a fix list but wasn't going to be fixed right away.

This appears to be one more "feature" that the rewrite of the app introduced to try and make it more consistent with the iOS version of the app. Too bad that iOS is looked at as the gold standard when we lost so much functionality.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

This appears to be one more "feature" that the rewrite of the app introduced to try and make it more consistent with the iOS version of the app. Too bad that iOS is looked at as the gold standard when we lost so much functionality.
The cruel irony is that this feature is available in the iOS version and works perfectly well.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
sandiego

Post by sandiego »

I want the old app. back. I don't like the new one.
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

sandiego wrote:I want the old app. back. I don't like the new one.
sandiego, please see this thread: https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 54#p165554

Specifically, on page 5 is a link to the apk which you can side-load in regular Android.

FWIW,
Liz
GrasseDD

Post by GrasseDD »

Another bookmark issue.
In Handbook 1, I cannot create (or update) a bookmark anywhere on the page except at the top. If I have scrolled down at all, the <plus> sign on the bookmark page is missing, and when I attempt to update an existing bookmark, it is placed at the top of the page.
I don't know whether other content acts this way. I have tried a few other titles, including Handbook 2, and it has worked fine there.
D.G.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”