New married name listed but it still shows wrong LAST NAME

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
aletajacobs

New married name listed but it still shows wrong LAST NAME

Post by aletajacobs »

My complete married name is listed but it still shows my last name as my OLD last name. Can't reach anyone to get anything changed. What is wrong with this site that there are no professional people to handle important things like a name change?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: New married name listed but it still shows wrong LAST NAME

Post by russellhltn »

You need to work though your ward membership clerk. He has the ability and responsibility to fix that.

There are a number of name fields. The one that usually trips people up is the "Household name" field that's connected with your household.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

aletajacobs wrote:What is wrong with this site that there are no professional people to handle important things like a name change?
This site is a community forum for those interested in Church technology. No one here has the ability to make changes for you.

Check the LDS Account personal information page to see what it shows there: https://ldsaccount.lds.org/personalInformation. There is a display name field that you may need to edit. Other changes will need to go to your ward clerk.
myra23

Post by myra23 »

Actually I have the same problem and I don't know what to do about it. I registered for the first time under my first married name. I was remarried in 2013 and I have the ability to change my Display Name, and my membership record is all up to date and my name is correct on my temple recommend and membership record etc however I cannot find any way to change the Personal Information name. This is *not* handled by the ward clerk nor in any way by a USER so where can we go to get this changed so that I do not have to see my previous married time every time I login ... :?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

myra23 wrote:however I cannot find any way to change the Personal Information name.
What do you mean by this? Where does it appear?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

myra23 wrote:This is *not* handled by the ward clerk nor in any way by a USER so where can we go to get this changed so that I do not have to see my previous married time every time I login ... :?
The name displayed at the top of the "Personal Information" tab comes from your membership record. Have your ward clerk look in your membership record and specifically the household name. Your record contains your individual name as well as a household name.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:The name displayed at the top of the "Personal Information" tab comes from your membership record.
Maybe. The name on my LDSAccount and membership record (Full, Preferred, Household) do not match. It's possible that if I had a name change it would sync and I'm just currently "grandfathered" in from when I set up my account, but my name doesn't match.

But since I don't think it appears anywhere but on my LDSAccount, I don't worry about it.

myra23, if it bothers you, I'd suggest asking your ward membership clerk to contact CHQ to fix it.

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

russellhltn wrote:
jdlessley wrote:The name displayed at the top of the "Personal Information" tab comes from your membership record.
Maybe. The name on my LDSAccount and membership record (Full, Preferred, Household) do not match. It's possible that if I had a name change it would sync and I'm just currently "grandfathered" in from when I set up my account, but my name doesn't match.
Since the LDS Account can be for members as well as nonmembers then it appears that when the account is set up there are two possible sources for name information and then the name used at registration remains separate, or not linked. If that is the case then it appears that contacting the GSC to make the name change is the only option.

I checked my wife's account since she has had a name change and her account retained the name she registered the account under. She did change the display name after her name change.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Church Account”