Gospel Library 2.5 backup and transferring data

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
mabdoc

Gospel Library 2.5 backup and transferring data

Post by mabdoc »

I have Gospel Library 2.5 as well as the newest Gospel Library. I have preferred 2.5 and have numerous scripture links and notes. I would like to know how to :
1) Back up my 2.5 links and all of my notes
2) Can I transfer these to the Latest Gospel Library?
3) A general question, why has 2.5 seemed to have a longer and longer delay in getting General Conferences in its library and updates with church magazines ?

Thanks

Marc A. Bernhisel
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Gospel Library 2.5 backup and transferring data

Post by russellhltn »

mabdoc wrote:Can I transfer these to the Latest Gospel Library?
If you've logged in GL into your LDS account, they all should be synced to lds.org. Then when you log your new GL into lds.org, they'll sync with that.
mabdoc wrote:3) A general question, why has 2.5 seemed to have a longer and longer delay in getting General Conferences in its library and updates with church magazines ?
GL 2.5 is probably using a obsolete content source.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ToManyLetters

Re: Gospel Library 2.5 backup and transferring data

Post by ToManyLetters »

GL 2.5 is probably using a obsolete content source.
It is. It's also my understanding that the content teams would like to declare the 3.x version of the app's content source obsolete as soon as possible, too. Possibly within only a couple of months. They've already slowed the release of content to the content source 3.x used. The new content source consumed by the 4.x apps (and the beta app on Windows) is genuinely far superior, but I think they really should reconsider cutting the 3.x source off so soon. That said, 2.5 hasn't been supported for forever. I'm impressed it was getting updates at all.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10

Return to “Gospel Library”