Syncing Problems with LDS Gospel Library with iOS update

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
samanthadyal

Syncing Problems with LDS Gospel Library with iOS update

Post by samanthadyal »

I recently updated my iPad to the iOS 6 software. LDS Gospel Library did not survive the update for some reason. I've had to reinstall the app, but all of my notes, highlights etc have disappeared. I've tried syncing through the app, but nothing has come back so my scriptures are blank. I've tried adding highlights, etc to my now blank scriptures and then syncing, but the syncing feature appears to not update. Is there support for this app somewhere? I'm having a really hard time finding any answers as to what, if anything, I can do to get my notes back (after spending hours annotating my scriptures), and if I can't get my notes back, I certainly don't want to start over until I'm sure that my notes are being backed up.

Suggestions?
mevans

Post by mevans »

Did you ever synchronize your notes with lds.org before you reinstalled? If so, they should be safe. Do you see your notes if you log in to the lds.org web site and go to Tools/Notes and Journal? If so, at least you haven't lost your work and the problem is with syncing to your device. If you don't see them at lds.org, then your iPad probably never synchronized and you may have lost everything (unless an expert in the iPad application can tell you if it might be hiding somewhere on the iPad).
HowellGB

Re: Syncing Problems with LDS Gospel Library with iOS update

Post by HowellGB »

I am having a similar problem with syncing. Some things show up on my ipad (notes, markings) but not on my iphone. When I look at corresponding locations online on my computer (lds.org) they don't all show up. I go into my notebook and I can find them in there (unassigned it says). I have hundreds and hundreds of notes, markings etc. but I am not syncing somehow.

I have updated to the newest scriptures on iphone and ipad. Why at least does the lds.org version maintain the master version and show them when I sign in?
christinekayforbes

Post by christinekayforbes »

I have updated gospel library and lost half of my journal entries. I also lost it on lds.org. What can be done to retrieve the lost journal entries? Help!
dresen.hp

Post by dresen.hp »

I have the same problem with a device I just purchased the other day. LDS tools has none of my bookmarks tags or notes that I've been using for the last 5+ years. The app appears to be completely brand-new without any prior knowledge or sinking, yet when I go to LDS.org all of my notes are there.

The app has tried to sync, and says it has synced, but there is no content. How do I get my phone to sync appropriately with LDS.org?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

dresen.hp wrote:I have the same problem with a device I just purchased the other day. LDS tools has none of my bookmarks tags or notes that I've been using for the last 5+ years. The app appears to be completely brand-new without any prior knowledge or sinking, yet when I go to LDS.org all of my notes are there.

The app has tried to sync, and says it has synced, but there is no content. How do I get my phone to sync appropriately with LDS.org?
Does it show that you're signed in under Settings? If you are, try signing out and back in.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
dresen.hp

Post by dresen.hp »

Yes, it does show that I'm signed in and I have signed in and out multiple times but it still does not work.
mountainmutt

Post by mountainmutt »

I'm having the same problem with a new phone. my old phone synched with lds.org, but my new phone has not. Please help.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

If signing out and back in doesn't work, you may need to send in-app feedback to the Gospel Library support team, who can give you more personalized help.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
kimbertree

Post by kimbertree »

I had a similar issue with mine, and found success with deleting the app, then re-downloading and signing in again.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”